Saturday, April 28, 2007

Delexa.org - web analytic tool

From the very day I found this site, I have used it almost every day.

It's a web analytic tool that ranks domains by topic. It combines U.S. rank with Tag Count rank, giving you some pretty accurate results. Think Alexa combined with Del.icio.us.

I have found it extremely useful as a search tool. Say I'm looking for sites that are similar to a particular site - I go to delexa, enter in the site and search. It will pull up the top ranked sites that are similar to the one that I just typed in. Regarding the site I typed in, it will give a ton of info like Statsaholic Daily Traffic Rank Trend, topic tags, and more. Then you'll see a list of the top 100 related sites and their rank and topic tags. You can also search by tag.

I LOVE IT.

I do a lot of site reviews so I have found delexa to be helpful in assisting me to find site's competitors. Now don't get me wrong, I still Google, which is helpful but I MUST "Delexa" too because it helps me return a lot of relevant results and it leaves out all of the irrelevant mess that I get with regular search engine searches.

Now it won't return perfect results every time. If it's not in the top 50K, it won't be listed there, but most sites I have looked for are there. And sometimes it will return some results that aren't necessarily similar in my opinion, but I suppose they share some of the same tags and that's why.

One feature they haven't implemented yet, but I hear they intend to, is searching for multiple tags. This will be really handy and helpful in returning more specific results.

Did I say I LOVE IT and it's free so I LOVE IT even more...lol. Check it out at delexa.org

'Till later!
K

1 comment:

Jonathan D. R. said...

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Delexia is now TagURLs http://www.tagurls.com/. Alexa demanded the domain...you can read about it here:http://forum.techcrunch.co